Divi Theme – Adding Downloadable PDFs with a Button
- Save your document as a PDF ready for upload to the website – ideally you want to the size of the PDF to be as small as possible and can not exceed the maximum upload of 8MB
- Navigate to ‘Media Library’ from the dashboard menu on the left-hand side.
- You can either drag the document into the ‘Drop files here’ screen or hit ‘Select files’ to browse your computer documents for the PDF.
- Once the upload is complete select the ‘edit’ button
- On the ‘Edit Media’ screen in the right-hand side bar you have the ‘File URL:’ shown e.g. http://www.wordpresspilots.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/PDF_TRAINING_GUIDE.pdf – copy this link to use to create a download button in a text module
- If you are already in a text module you can add the PDF in the same way through the ‘Add Media’ button directly above the text module
- In the text module toolbar the two coloured rectangles symbolize the add button function. Click on this icon to generate a button.
- The button screen will ask you to enter the link URL that you previously copied. You can then select type and colour options. In ‘content’ enter the text you want the button to display e.g. click to download PDF. Select ‘Yes’ to the option ‘Open link in a new window’
- Press ‘Ok’ then ‘Save’ and then ‘Update’. Then test your button is functioning as expected.