Divi Theme – The Testimonial Module
- The Testimonial module is a great tool to display client testimonials, with options to add a quote (the testimonial itself), the author’s name, a job title, a link to the client’s website and even a portrait image.
- It is important to keep your testimonials up to date, as potential clients would be more likely to have greater trust in recent testimonials, and greater trust in your business. To add a new testimonial, find the column that you would like to add the testimonial to and simply click on the ‘Insert Module(s)’ link.
- Once you have clicked this link you will be taken to an ‘Insert Module’ popup box, find the ‘Testimonial’ button (it will have an icon of quotation marks within a circle), and you will be taken to the ‘Testimonial Module Settings’ box.
- Here you can insert all of the information and details you would like to appear in your testimonial. I will go through the different settings from top to bottom:
The ‘Author Name’ box is where you will insert the name of the testimonial author, AKA the client, this will appear underneath the quoted testimonial.
The ‘Job Title’ box is where you can insert the client’s job title, such as ‘Manager’, you can also insert the company name below this in the ‘Company Name’ field.
Below this you can insert the ‘Author/Company URL’, meaning their website address, this will turn the Author’s name into a link to their website. We recommend choosing the ‘In The New Tab’ option for the ‘URLs Open’ section, as this will open the website in a new tab, rather than in the current tab which would take the user off your website.
The next section allows you to upload a Portrait Image, for example an image of the happy client or the client’s logo. You can either copy and paste the URL for the image if it is already online, or you can upload an image from your computer by clicking the ‘Upload an image’ button, then choosing the ‘Upload Files’ tab from the top of the pop-up box, followed by selecting your file and clicking the ‘Set As Image’ button.
The next 5 options relate to the look and layout of the testimonial box and text. The ‘Quote Icon’ allows you to select whether or not you would like the quotation mark icon visible or hidden. The ‘Use Background Color’ allows you to choose if you would like to have a colored box around your testimonial, if you would just like to use the background colour that is already on the website select ‘No’, but if you would like a color select ‘Yes’ and choose your colour from the ‘Select Color’ button below. For text colour, the rule is if your text is being placed onto a dark background the Text Color should be set to ‘Dark’. Vice versa, if your text is being placed onto a light background, the Text Color should be set to ‘Light’.
The Text Orientation dropdown menu allows you to specify the orientation of your text to be Left Justified, Centered, or Right Justified.
The ‘Content’ text box is where you can paste or type your testimonial.
Finally the ‘Admin Label’ is where you can give your module a name for easy identification when you are editing your page, you can give this any name you like to help you recognize the content in the module, such as ‘Jim’s Testimonial’. The CSS ID and CSS Class is for backend code purposes only and you do not need to worry about this as we have already preset this information for you.
- Now you just need to click ‘Save’ and then ‘Update’ the page and your new testimonial will appear when you view the page!