General – Exploring the WordPress Dashboard
- Welcome to your website cockpit also known as your dashboard, from here you can edit your pages, write on your blog, check statistics and manage orders (if you site uses e-commerce). This video will give you a quick run down on what is what to get you started.
- On your dashboard you will see a feed of our blog updates on new training videos and just to your right you should be able to see an overview of your Google analytics
- On the left there is a menu, depending on purpose of your site you will have different menu items available to you here.
- From the top bar you have the ability to view your site, quick links for creating new pages, posts etc. and also to log out from the dashboard.
- Required updates also notified to you in the top menu bar and along the side by the red circles containing a number. Dealing with updates can be tricky as they can affect the functionality of your site. Depending on your level or expertise and whether you have a maintenance package with us will depend on how you should deal with these update notifications.
- On this site you can view additional training articles that will guide you on how to make changes on your site and upload new media items.